Monday, October 18, 2010

Pet Peeves - Chain Letters, Long Blogs


I'm always a little "off" on Mondays.

It seems to me that if March is the cruelest month, then Monday must be the cruelest day. When I checked my email this morning, I had two chain letters.

One chain letter told me to forward a breast cancer awareness message (a photo with a pink heart) to 30 people including sending it back to the person who had sent it to me.

I like the person who sent it to me, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how sending this pink heart to 30 people will help cure breast cancer. So I didn't do it.

The other chain letter came from a friend. I looked at the inspirational message that was "nice", but totally not worth sending to a bunch of people. The people who sent on the chain letter were all rewarded with something lovely within an hour after sending it. There are always implied dire consequences for breaking the chain. Uh, no. I'm not doing that either.

Blogs that go "on and on and on" also tire me. If I wanted to read a book, I'd be reading it. Shorten these puppies up and make them a little snappier.

A blog about a 24 hour event should not take me 24 hours to read it. And it's hard to leave an intelligent comment when someone has written something so long that I'm having to skim it to just make it through.

At times, I'm sure my comment is totally inappropriate for the subject matter, but I got tired after reading for an hour and ten minutes and I just guessed what might be the right thing to say. If I got it wrong, I'm sorry.

I could go on about this subject, but this is going on a little longer than it should already.

No comments:

Post a Comment