Tuesday, January 4, 2011

CT and Me

This is a photo of me and CT.

CT is my best friend. Her birthday is the same as my husband's so I tell people they are twins.

She is a very talented architect, a gay woman, and I adore her. We've been friends for about 15 years. Several years ago, CT and her long time-partner broke up right about Christmas time. Alex and I say we keep her spirits up over the holidays, but actually, she keeps our spirits up too.

We have several traditions with CT. We, of course, do a birthday party for her and Alex every year. And we celebrate New Years Eve together too. We always go to dinner somewhere nice and then to a movie. Generally, we get home by 11 PM or so and then stay up to toast in the New Year at midnight. This year was no exception. CT and Alex usually stay up and watch horror movies after I go to bed.

About 4 AM ,CT came to our bedroom door and I got up to see what was wrong. She was dreadfully sick and had been for hours. I got her something to settle her stomach and put her back to bed.

I was a little worried that she was very dehydrated so I brought her some 7-Up and took her temperature. CT had a fever of almost 102. Damn! I got in bed with her so I could keep an eye on her for the remainder of the night.

When Alex came downstairs the next morning, and found me in bed with CT, he did what any normal man would do. He grabbed the camera. It was a cute photo! And if I decide to switch teams, we would make a cute couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment