Monday, August 8, 2011

The Girl In A Cage

I'm very responsible with children.

If someone entrusts their child to me, they can be certain that the child will be returned to them no worse for the wear.

I had a friend tell me once that walking with me and Alex and one of the grandkids, is like being with a secret service detail watching the President's kid. Kids are always close enough to be snatched back by one of us.

Abbey Rose is 7 years old. She is my son's third daughter and quite a lovely girl. My son and his wife took the three other children and left Abbey Rose with us yesterday morning for a few hours.

Both Alex and I needed to perform our ablutions and get ready for the day. I won't leave a small child alone or unattended at all so this presented a slight problem. Oh wait! Solution! The crate that we used for Harry!

We told Abbey Rose to get in the crate and stay there while we got ready. So Abbey wouldn't get lonely, Harry joined her. (Plus, if a robber, serial killer, kidnapper, or arsonist tried to break in the house they couldn't get Abbey Rose with Harry in there with her.) Both of my dogs, Harry and Honey adore Abbey Rose. They have known her since she was a baby.

When I came downstairs about 20 minutes later, both Abbey Rose and Harry were lying down in the crate watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" and eating waffles.

I told you I'm responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment