Monday, February 13, 2012

Hula Girls and Fembots



"The Princess Pupule has plenty papayas
She loves to give them away
And all of the neighbors they say
Oh me-ya oh my-ya you really should try-ya
A little piece of the Princess Pupule's papayas
Zazza zazza zazza zazza zay "

This is the song I sang to my husband Alex yesterday as he was working on some project on the computer. Now, I also did a little hula dance for him at the same time. If you don't know the song, the name "Pupule" is pronounced "Poo Poo Ly". So it is more lyrical than it would be if it was pronounced "Poo Pool", isn't it?

Okay, you may be wondering what possessed me to do the little hula dance and sing the Hawaiian song for him. I was rather disappointed that he didn't look up at me more than once or twice while I did the little improvised routine for him. Alex may be going to Hawaii for work. He could be gone for 2 weeks and then again, he could be gone for 2 months. It's anybody's guess at this point. You may think I did the hula for him because I want to go with him on this trip.

You would be very wrong there. I don't like Hawaii. I've been about 10 times and I have no desire to go again. I'd be more interested in a trip to Fresno, California, or Racine, Wisconsin. Hawaii is too hot for me. There is no good food in Hawaii. I avoid the sun. I don't like Hawaiian music. Hawaii bores me.

Paris, on the other hand, enchants me. But, alas, Paris is not on the playbill.

What was keeping Alex so busy that he could avoid looking at his wife as she sang "The Princess Pupule" and danced the hula? Well, he was on-line with "Comcast" trying to get cable service reconnected at a lower rate than before. (Alex was thinking of me being home alone with no cable while he was in Hawaii drinking Mai Tai's and watching hula dancers.)

The person he was on-line with was named something like "Nikita" and every comment he made was responded to with a "Great!" or a "Cool!". I asked Alex to see how much more it would cost to add "Showtime" to our service and Nikita responded "Great!" but never actually addressed the question.

I have concluded that Comcast enlists the help of "Fembots" to do their customer support. I do not know if we actually have signed up for cable again or not. I don't know if we added "Showtime" or not.

Alex was very happy with the ultra pleasant Nikita!

"Cool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment