Thursday, July 24, 2014

La Vida Loca

I went to prom with a Chinese guy when I was 17.  He wasn't really my boyfriend, but he was a good guy and cute too.

I had a boyfriend who was African American when I was 19, (right before, and okay, right after  I got married to my first husband). I also dated a Japanese man.

I had an Arab boyfriend from the Kingdom of Saudi, and an Israeli boyfriend who gave me a ring. 

I've dated, lived with, and married a few men. 

I've dated, lived with, or married doctors, lawyers, cops, criminals, firemen, scientists, rich men, poor men, business men, arms dealers, bankers, bikers, truckers,  sailors, soldiers, pilots, drunkards,  professional athletes, and the occasional silversmith.  I have enjoyed every version and color of the rainbow of men.

But now, I've been married for 25 years come September to my Navajo husband..

Do I ever miss the variety factor?  Well, of course.  But the truth is, I'm content most of the time.

I am serving on a Jury.  I think I'm lucky that I actually  feel no hesitation to say that I really think people are pretty much the same regardless of race, station in life, economic status, and so on.

I was surprised when I was selected for this jury.  But when I thought about it, who better?

22 comments:

  1. So... How do you feel about Brits? ;)

    Enjoy jury duty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Canadians? We're always on top (of the US).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've done my part for world peace and harmony, Dufus. I won't get sequestered. But I was pretty sure I'd not be selected either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The case is interesting, Nicky. But there is far too much waiting around for my liking. It may go as long as 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had great experiences with British men. They are so polite! European men are always fun! I've never married one though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's damned weird, Dufus. While I have never dated a Canadian man, I've dated a plethora of Mexican men. It may be the on top thing as you say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous. Happy 25 years to you and hubs. You're on my bucket list! My goal is wine, dinner and laughter with you very, very soon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, you get around, girl! I can't think of a better person to be on a jury. (In fact, you inspired me to write about it this morning.) And congratulations of 25 years of wedded bliss with Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Paula. I did get around. This jury business is a bit "hurry up and wait", but interesting. I really want to read about your jury experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Nubian! I'm putting a couple of special wines up for your visit. Make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeanie, it was fun, dreadful, thrilling, and always full of surprises! Who could as for more?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who better indeed? And that is a stunning photo of you, Linda. But then, you're a stunner. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://ladyfi.wordpress.comJuly 29, 2014 at 1:44 AM

    Exactly - who better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Jayne. We are pretty cute for old broads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Old broads," hell! We could give the young ones a run for their money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post for SO many reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My you have lived a colorful life which entitles you to ask "who better?"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually it kind of shocks me, but I really have.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What's up everybody, here every one is sharing these know-how, thus it's nice to read
    this web site, and I used to visit this website every
    day.

    my web-site: diy home improvement projects ()

    ReplyDelete