Saturday, February 27, 2010

She's At The Mall


This is a great photo of my daughter Sheila and her 17 year old son, Cyrus, my best friend and the most perfect person now living.

I love Sheila and her husband and their daughter Arianna too of course, but they are a bit strange. All of them are a bit strange. They are charming, they are pretty, but they are strange. I'm not sure how to explain this conclusion, but I'm going to try.

My son in law is from the middle east. He grew up here in the US from the time he was a child and lived with his mother and grandmother after his dad passed away. The rest of his family are still in the middle east.

When his grandmother passed several years ago, the family would still call Sheila and her husband about once a week to see how grandma was doing. It seems Sheila and her husband decided that it would be best to break the news of grandma's passing at just the right time.

The right time turned out to be about a year after her death. Until then, when family members called from overseas, they were told that grandma went to the mall to shop.

About two years later, my son-in-law's mother also died. She was a lovely woman and we were all heartbroken to lose her. Again, when family members called, they were told that mom was at the mall. I think six months passed before the family was told of his mom's passing.

When I call to speak with my daugher, and my son-in-law says "Oh hi Linda! Sheila went to the mall", he's never understood why I insist on speaking to Cyrus RIGHT THEN.

I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment