Saturday, February 12, 2011

An Early Valentine

We are celebrating Valentine's Day tonight.

The thing is, Alex leaves for a two week trip in the morning. So, it's now or never.

Roses? Check! Dinner reservations? Check! Gorgeous slinky new dress? Check!

I would rather have him home on Monday and order a pizza. I would rather have him home on Monday and cook lasagna. I would rather have him home on Monday and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I think all the years of being a military wife have paid off. Deployments are required. At least I don't think he'll be shot at on this trip. At least I hope not.

I bought a valentine card for the mail man. On Monday I'm dressing up and putting on make up and perfume. I will watch out the window until I see him coming to deliver the mail. Then I am going out to give him his card and tell him "Happy Valentines Day"!

It's not perfect, but it's the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment