Monday, October 11, 2010

Starts Innocently Enough

Here I am at the beginning of our day. The sun was shining and all was right with the world. I was happy and perfectly sober.

This photo was taken about noon when we took the train to San Francisco.

San Francisco has so many temptations and opportunities for sin. I had forgotten that even though I'm a native!

I was very happy and carefree when I left. I was very happy and carefree when I came home. But I was also very drunk when I came home. And scarred. Let's not forget that part.

My daughter's dog Winnie (and I do love him to pieces) had clawed the back of my otherwise perfect legs. I only say perfect legs because it's semi - true and semi counts at my age. I will turn 65 next year.

I also awoke hung over and naked in the wrong bed. Yes, it was in my own house and with my own husband but still. Something had gone terribly awry.

I also was not sure how I got there. Nor was I sure why I was a bloody mess.

Looking at this photo, it seemed to all start so right! What went wrong, I ask you?

No comments:

Post a Comment