Friday, March 25, 2011

Tea Party

I have always loved a tea party.

My friend Kim has two young daughters. I invited my Kim and the kids to my house for a tea party last summer.

We had scones with strawberry jam, cookies and pretty little egg salad sandwiches. I also had two different kinds of tea, and honey, of course. I set the mood with some nice classical music. The girls, Kim, and I had a ball.

After we had our feast, we had a design competition where my friend took one girl, I took the other and we made them formal dresses out of toilet tissue. The girls also got to use make up and put on as much jewelry as they wanted.

Alex took the "glamor shots" of the girls when they got ready for the judging.

We let Alex choose the winner. (I had prizes for everyone.) Alex chose one dress as the "best design" and the other as the "most flattering".

Both dresses started pretty much falling apart as soon as we put them together. But we had enough tape to keep them modest enough with no major wardrobe malfunctions.

I love boys too, but there is nothing like girls for having a really good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment