Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Terrible Trials Of The Non-Technical Left-At-Home-Alone Wife

Technology can be a good thing or a bad thing.

We have a big old 60" flat screen HD TV with surround sound, Blue Ray, and a bunch of other things. I really don't know what most of those things are.

When my husband is at home, we watch movies, sports events, and our few favorite shows on this television. It's a fairly comfortable place for a family room.

When my husband is not at home, I go upstairs and turn on the TV and nothing happens. Why is that? Well, there are about 10 remote control devices laying around the room. It usually takes a combination of two to turn the set on. There is a computer attached to the television, disc drives galore, places for DVD's, places for UFO's for all I know.

We have a total of five televisions in our home. Oops, make that six. I forgot the one in the man cave under the house. Except for one very tiny television in the kitchen, I cannot turn any of them on. I don't have a degree in electrical engineering or remote control device management.

When I am home alone because my husband chose to go on a little vacation to see his family in Arizona and I have nothing to entertain myself with, this is the television that I know how to operate. I do have to use a magnifying glass sometimes to see the smaller print on the screen.

I hope my husband is having a fun vacation in sunny Arizona while I sit in my pitiful kitchen and watch this pitiful 10 inch television as rain splashes on the windows.

Well, okay, maybe I should be doing his laundry about now, but my heart just isn't in it. I have a better idea!

I'm going to make him a nice batch of toasted almond scented cookies for when he gets home! And I'll go shop for a nice new black dress. Nothing too fancy. Something appropriate. You know.

No comments:

Post a Comment