Friday, March 19, 2010

Lost Talents and Lumpy Coffee

If there is anything simpler than making a cup of coffee, I am not sure what it would be. I prefer Starbucks to other brands, and French Roast is my top choice.

I have always made a strong cup of coffee because Alex and I like strong coffee. It may be too strong for some, but I've always used cream and sugar in mine anyway.

Over the last couple of months, I have asked Alex to make our coffee. He prepares it in our Krups coffee pot and his coffee turns out perfect. Mine, over the last couple of months, has turned out okay, but not really great.

Now, what does this have to do with me having a fat ass? Okay, I've tried cutting calories and going on a diet. It's not working. So I decided to just start small, baby steps if you will, to see if I can lose a bit. I really only need to take off about 10 pounds, so little changes might do it, right? First off, I'm only eating sandwiches with one piece of bread. (Bread is my real downfall.) I also decided that the cream and sugar in my coffee is not necessary. Baby steps, right?

My husband left earlier in the week for another trip, so I'm left to my own coffee which is not the greatest, but never mind. I poured my cup of black coffee this morning and took a sip. My coffee was lumpy. Now how in the hell did I make lumpy coffee? I think even the words "lumpy coffee" make me want to gag.

I tried to drink a little more of the cup of coffee, but found it was lumpy all the way through. Oh I couldn't see the lumps, but I could feel them in my mouth. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment